Long, long day today. We've now activated and configured the majority of the iPads - over 100 with just a few left to go.
There's not a lot interesting to say at this point, but a couple of observations:
- Make sure you can distinguish your own iPad from all the others!
- Writing very detailed instructions on provisioning means that you can get help. Time well spent.
- iTunes activation is still slow.
- Downloading the iOS 3.2.2 update to local storage was a very big win.
- Never, ever try to do two activations in parallel on two computers. You will screw it up.
So, what's next? Well, we're going to have to label every iPad with some kind of name tag. I think we're going to go with a Dymo-tape printed label but I'm not confident about the durability of that kind of sticky label on the outside of the Apple iPad case.
The second pressing question is charging them. We have enough sockets, but how do we stand the iPads to be charged? I have a coated wire dish rack that I'm going to try out. We'll see how that goes.
Other ideas include standing them connector-upmost in plastic boxes, or using some kind of multi-slot filing system. More info as this develops.