Over the past few weeks on our podcast Out of School, Bradley Chambers and I have been looking at the book Diffusion of Innovations by Everett Rogers.
I have personally found this book to be very illuminating. It has helped me to understand how I might approach the adoption of new technologies in the future. It has also, however, helped me to make sense of things that have happened - or failed to happen - in the past.
I've been remiss in linking to podcast episodes here on the blog, so here is a back-catalogue for this mini-series of shows.
- Episode 147: Diffusion of Innovations
- Episode 148: The Innovation-Decision Process
- Episode 150: Properties of Innovations
- Episode 151: Innovativeness and Adopter Categories
- Episode 152: The Diffusion Network and the Change Agent
- Episode 153: Innovation in Organisations
If you're wondering what happened to Episode 149, well our series got interrupted by the announcement for the iPad Pro which, given our predilections on this show, we simply couldn't not talk about. You can hear our early thoughts in that episode entitled "Go Big or Go Home".