This week on Canvas, Federico and I dig into how to be more efficient with typing and text entry on iOS.
There are several things you can do to become a better keyboard user on iOS. Some of the areas we cover include:
- Learning the 'swipe up' shortcut on several keys such as comma and period.
- Tap and hold on certain keys for alternate characters such as accented characters.
- Mastering the Trackpad Mode on iOS 9.
- Using the keyboard's shortcut bar.
- Using the iOS system-wide Text Replacement feature
- Adopting some of the more powerful iOS custom keyboards
- ....or amusing yourself with some of the crazier ones.
- GIF keyboard
- Click Wheel keyboard
- Morse Code keyboard